We chose this DK weight Corriedale yarn for our very first Beyond Merino subscription box because we think it's a great introduction to the world of breed-specific wool!.
Since Corriedale sheep were originally bred from Merinos, there’s enough similarity in the fibre that it will feel somewhat familiar to most crafters. It’s also soft enough to wear next to the skin, and the versatile DK weight means this yarn will be suitable for a wide range of projects.
For more information on working with hand-dyed yarns, please see our FAQs page.
- Content: 100% Corriedale wool
- Yardage: 100g (3½ oz)/approx. 245m (267 yds)
- Weight: DK weight
- Suggested Needle Size: US 6 (4mm)
- Gauge: 20 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Handwash in cool water
Source of Fibre: Falkland Islands
Spinning: Great Britain
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, QC, Canada