The Dyer's Notebook - POSTPONED
Taught by Armen Keuchguerian
Deepen your understanding of colour theory and start your own dyer's notebook. All materials are provided for this workshop, and participants will go home with multiple yarn and fibre samples, including twelve 10g mini-skeins of worsted weight yarn.
In this workshop we will explore colour and fibre by dyeing small samples to each create our own "Dyer's Notebook". We'll discover the differences created by using the same dye on different fibre types (including non-superwash vs superwash and unspun fibre vs yarn), and experiment with colour mixing in a controlled way. We'll also discuss accurate measuring techniques and good note-taking practices. This is a great workshop for anyone who has dabbled in dyeing and wants to learn how to create more precise results or deepen their understanding of colour theory.
This workshop is intended for participants with some experience dyeing, and builds on the skills introduced in our Intro to Yarn Dyeing workshop.
Date: Saturday March 18, 2023
- Time: 1pm-5pm
- Location: Sweet Paprika dye studio (137 Rue Saint-Ferdinand, Montreal)
- Fee: $115.00 + tax (includes all materials)
- Class will run with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 students.
- We require payment in full in order to reserve a space.
- We have a 5-day cancellation policy. Your payment will not be refunded unless you cancel at least 5 days before the workshop start time.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment. Should this occur, all class fees will be refunded.
- This class is bilingual.
COVID-19 Policy: Since participants will be working in close proximity we will ask that all participants wear a mask during the entire workshop. However, our studio is located in a shared space, and we can’t guarantee that other tenants accessing their spaces within the room during the workshop time will be masked.