Elora Naturals - mini-skein sampler set
Our 2023 batch of Elora is now in stock! This yarn is spun from locally-sourced Canadian Norbouillet wool. We're only able to buy this special fleece once a year, so these yarns are available while supplies last. Please join our mailing list for all updates on Elora and our other limited-edition yarns.
This year we were able to purchase small amounts of three natural shades of fleece along with the cream we usually buy. We're happy to offer these to you as a sampler set with 25g/82 yds of each of the four natural colours: cream, light grey, medium grey, and dark. You can find full skeins of each individual colour here.
This fingering-weight wool is very fine, and is just as soft as our imported merino.
Elora is a completely Canadian locally-sourced yarn. The Norbouillet (Rambouillet-cross) fleeces are purchased from Pine Hollow Farm in Ontario and sent to Wellington Fibres (a small mill) for custom spinning. You can read more about the story of this yarn on our blog.
For more information on working with our yarns, please see our FAQs page.
- Content: 100% Norbouillet wool
- Yardage: 100g (3½ oz)/approx. 328m (358 yds) per set (25g/82 yds per skein)
- Weight: Fingering weight
- Suggested Needle Size: US 0-2½ (2-3mm)
- Gauge: 28-36 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Handwash in cool water
- Source of Fibre: Pine Hollow Farm in Norwood, ON, Canada
- Spinning: Wellington Fibres in Elora, ON, Canada
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, QC, Canada