Yarn Club 2024: Beyond Merino - Farm to Yarn Edition
Note: New subscriptions will receive the March box as the first shipment.
Are you curious about where your wool comes from? Would you like to know exactly what journey your yarn takes between sheep and knitter, and how different breeds, farming practices, spinning methods and dyeing techniques contribute to your final project?
Join our year-long club to deepen your understanding of wool by exploring 6 different farm-specific yarns! You'll receive a new box of hand-dyed yarn every other month with all the info you'll need to understand what makes each wool special and to plan the perfect project to take advantage of its particular characteristics. Debbie and Elizabeth will be your guides through this year of wooly adventures (with help from the sheep farmers we're collaborating with), and we'll be meeting on Zoom to share our thoughts, impressions, and project planning for each box.
The pricing for the yarn club is as follows (all prices in CAD, not including tax):
- Bi-monthly subscription: $79 + shipping per box (automatically charged every two months)
- Full year, prepaid: $426.60 + shipping (save 10%)
Bi-monthly subscriptions can be paused or canceled at anytime.
We have a limited capacity for this yarn club, so subscriptions will be closed once all spots are filled. You can always contact us to join the waiting list and we'll let you know if a spot opens up for you.
If you join partway through the year you'll be sent the next available shipment after the date you subscribe. You can find the subscription deadlines and shipping dates below.
Shipping charges are calculated at checkout for both pre-paid and bi-monthly subscriptions.
Please note: we cannot currently accept PayPal payments through our website for yarn club subscriptions. If you would like to purchase a membership and would prefer to pay via PayPal please contact us.
Looking for more information about how the subscription works or what's included? Check our Yarn Club Subscription FAQs or send us an email.
What's in the boxes?
Each bi-monthly shipment will include:
- 2 skeins of farm-specific wool yarn (one hand-dyed by Sweet Paprika and one natural colour)
- information about:
- the farm where the yarn was sourced
- the sheep breed and wool characteristics
- the spinning process and yarn characteristics (ie woolen vs worsted)
- project planning and pattern ideas
- Zoom session with Debbie and Elizabeth from Sweet Paprika (and the occasional special guest!)
- Invitation to join our online discussion spaces
The Beyond Merino yarn club was developed in collaboration with Catherine Knutsson of The Small Bird Workshop who teaches a workshop of the same name.